Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend, Part One

The Sunday of the Bank Holiday weekend was my birthday.

I wont say it was a big one, because it didn't have a zero at the end, but sadly when you get to my age they are all big ones, or so it seems - the numbers just keep on getting bigger. Lets just say if I was a man I'd be drawing my pension now (but as I'm not, I already am, if that makes sense). But you're only as old as you feel, so that makes me about 35.

The day was perfect,and I spent most of it pottering in the garden, in between phone calls from GO (ginger one), DO (dark one) and D-i-L, FO (fair one) and D-i-L, Mum, and my S-i-L and B-i-L, and various texts from friends.

I had lots of cards


several presents, my two favourites of which are chocs from GT (ginger two)


and some Fairy Dust from one of my bestest friends


we had my favourite tea, roast beef


with wine


and even Cassie enjoyed the relaxation whilst warming up my favourite chair for me.



11 comments:

Janice said...

Glad you had a good day, Joy xxx

Crafty in the Med said...

belated Happy birthday Joy .... it looks as if you have had a good day and been reasonably spoilt....as it should be :-)
That Roast Beef dinner is making me drool .... it never seems to taste the same here when I do it .... must be the Spanish beef or the water or other. Ahhh and a nice drop of red to round it off...perfect!

keep well

Amanda :-)

viv said...

Glad you had a lovely birthday

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

It does sound like a lovely day - I'm glad you had a great time.

Shirley Cryan said...

Happy Belated Birthday its looks like you had a lovely day x

Jille said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice Birthday. The weather was just right for a celebration! xx

Busy Little Chicken said...

Happy belated birthday Joy!! Looks like you had a really nice day, and a warm chair at the end of it, thanks to Cassie!! Chocs and red wine are the bestest pressies ever, I hope you enjoyed them!!

sweetpea family said...

Happy Birthday I feel 35 too but I need to add a fair few years onto that - have a good week x

karen said...

Sounds like a perfect birthday to me. Sorry I missed it. Glad you had a great time though. xx

Borqna said...

Belated Happy birthday, Joy!
Sorry I missed it.
I wish you much joy, health, good luck and happiness!

Chrissys4Cards said...

Glad you had a good day. Alas, I missed out on my pension by one year and will have to wait another two because of the government change. Typical! Story of my life - always just miss the boat.