Monday, 20 May 2013

I've been away . . .

. . . for a few days, to see a few people.

Firstly I went to my Mum's and met up with my sister Jan, who had celebrated her 60th birthday a few days before. We all went out for a lovely meal together at lunch time, then Jan went back to her place to do a few jobs and I spent a few hours with Mum. I went to Jan's for the evening, we shared a bottle of wine and she, to my huge embarrassment, reminisced over all the times I'd led her astray in our youth (I'm older by 5 years).

Jan is a doggy person, her house is full of dogs - if you don't like dogs, you simply don't visit her!

She has lodgers,


and a few dogs of her own.


These are my favourites, Riga, Geordie


and Wilma.


Then I was off and away round the M25 to see my two older sons, their partners and the grandchildren. This is my very newest granddaughter Abigail, with her Mum and Dad,


and my older granddaughter Marissa



 with her Dad.


My grandsons, now a teen and a pre-teen, kept well away from the camera at all times, so sadly I have no picture to show of them, but they are well and it was lovely to see them both - their Mum is threatening to bring them to see us in Wiltshire during the half-term week, which isn't far off now.

And so now I'm back home, with a pile of washing to do, a garden to weed, a couple of pen-friends to write to and a silver wedding anniversary to celebrate (quietly).

8 comments:

Tracy said...

looks like you had a wonderful few days away joy, those girls are just gorgeous. xx

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Sounds like a great trip - darling photos of the babies. You'll have to sneak up on the older boys - you've got to have photos of them too. :-)

Claudia Moser said...

Lovely trip, so many dear moments I am sure

karen said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip away. Glad you are home safely. xx

Chrissys4Cards said...

Fab time all round.

Lizzy said...

It's great to spend time visiting family, and best of all meeting new members! Sounds like you had a lovely time.

Heather Leavers said...

I am, as always, jealous of the grandchildren! My oldest son got engaged this week though, so fingers crossed...

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Such lovely family adventures! Sweet pictures.