Friday, 10 May 2013

Ten on the tenth, May

As I wasn't sure if I would actually be here or not today, with the birth of my newest grandchild now overdue, these photos were taken over the course of the last few days.

1) Don't you just love this label on my new(ish) oven glove?


2) It was my birthday last weekend, I had a couple of late cards in the post during the week.


3) I am a Taurus, a typical bull in a china shop, very clumsy.


4) I currently have two lovely pen-friends, one in Cornwall and one in Virginia, USA. I was lucky enough to receive letters from both of them this week.


5) I've just started to jot down amusing mis-hearings that happen between the Green Man and myself with this pen in this colourful book. If I get enough, which I fully expect to, they will eventually appear in book form.


6) I love the colours of this petunia, although it's just tipped over from being at its very best.


7) In honour of the sun, who made a brief appearance at the weekend, I have bought myself a new white shirt.


8) Home made pasty pie for tea? Don't mind if I do.


9) GT has very fair skin and burns easily, so this bottle will live on the kitchen worktop from now until the end of September.


10) And finally, just look what's happening in the garden, runner beans are up and climbing, woo hoo.


Linking up with Rebekah's Ten on Ten at A Little bit of Sunshine.

8 comments:

dancingonabladeofgrass said...

I, too, am waiting for an overdue grandchild.

Breanne said...

Your new shirt is lovely! =)

Breanne
htpp;//thisvintagemoment.com

Cindy said...

Nice set of pics -- love your new white shirt and beans in your garden!!

Mum said...

Good Heavens - I've not even planted my runner beans yet!
Love from Mum
xx

mmcgre01 said...

This is a great photo set, I can't wait to read that book about your conversations with your Green Man. By the way, what's a Green Man?

joy said...

Green Man, or GM, is my husband, who always wears green clothes.

Busy Little Chicken said...

Glad to see the beans coming up!! Well, when will your book of 'mis hearings' come about?? I'm sure that I can add to it.... I have plenty of them to add to it!! :)

Chrissys4Cards said...

Fab piccys as usual. That pie looks really scrummy.