Monday, 29 July 2013

5/2, the first month

I decided that I couldn't cope with fasting for a whole day, the hot flushes and dizziness I suffered when I tried it were slightly unpleasant, so I have adapted my "fast days" into low calorie, meat and alcohol free days instead. And thus far its working.

The official "fast" days are breakfast and supper, with nothing in between, and a max of 500 calories, my "fast" days are breakfast, lunch and tea with a max of 800 calories. OK I'm not losing weight fast (no pun intended) but I am losing. And also I'm pretty sure that two alcohol-free days a week are not doing my liver any harm, and two meat-free days are a start on changing eating habits, on paper I think vegetarianism is a good thing, but I like my meat too much to give it up altogether just yet.

I am finding the regime is relatively easy, Mondays and Thursdays are my usual low-cal days, but when circumstances dictate (as when having family to visit for a few days) its easy enough to move one or the other, or both, to suit. So, I'll be sticking with it for a while, at least.

Come back at the end of August for another update.


6 comments:

karen said...

Glad to hear you are making it work for you, my friend does it the way you are but goes with 500 calories and has lost loads. Good luck. xx

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Joy
Good for you! I found that I couldn't do the whole fasting thing either, so I have adjusted to two 'eat less' days a week when I cut calories. To make any change to eating habits, it has got to be something that will work for you.
Best wishes
Ellie

Tracy said...

I think I might have to give this another go it sounds like you have adapted the plan to suit you I can't wait to see how you get on x

Chrissys for Cards said...

I get bad headaches if I do this. Not sure whether to try again - could do with losing a spare tyre!

Patricia said...

I can cut down on food and alcohol but don't think I'd be any good at fasting, it would make me dizzy too especially with this heatwave we've been having. Good luck.
Patricia x

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wise move to tweak the rules to your own body reactions. No use having a lighter body if you can´t move afterwards. :)