Thursday, 18 July 2013

Summer Scavenger Hunt

Writing this at 7.30 am while its still cool in my studio - the temperature is forecast to be 28 degrees today for about the 14th day in a row, how did that happen? This is England! In July! In 2013! We'll be on a hosepipe ban before too long!

Anyhow, back to the subject in hand, Rinda's Summer Scavenger Hunt, which you can read about here.

I've managed a few more subjects this month, and have only six left to find, the hardest of which, I think, will be a windmill (might have to settle for one of those great big windfarm type thingies, but I'll keep looking out for a real one).

1) Open Air market. We took a trip to Salisbury earlier this week, and I took several snaps, couldn't decide on the best so have included several.





7) A sign, intentionally or unintentionally funny. We recently had a short holiday in North Wales, where everything is signed in both English and Welsh, here are a couple of signs which made me laugh.

Where do you exit if your name isn't Allan?


Sounds right, but the spelling's a bit off


9) Someone or something clearly out of place. This removable bollard is usually just left lying down on the grass, but someone with an obvious tidy gene has left it nicely perched against its neighbour


17) Candles. My second son (FO) recently had his 38th birthday, and as I presented him with his cake he said "If you take the photo from that side, they'll think I'm 83"


18) Local pub/bar/coffee house/teashop. Heading towards our local pub, the Fox and Hounds, just down the hill. (if you click to enlarge, you might just see the sign on the side of the building)



19) A fisherman, on the Afon Conwy, in North Wales


20) A dinosaur. This one jumped out at me while I was browsing through my card stock.



Its now 8.15 and I can feel the temperature rising. Time to switch off the PC. Hope you enjoy your day whatever you are doing and wherever you are.


23 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great interpretations - I'm way behind in doing this - might not even get to it at all - but I sure enjoy what others are finding.

Chrissys for Cards said...

Fab pictures. Your son looks amazing for 83. What's the secret?

Lizzy said...

Boiling hot here too! But still having to work! Sitting with the laptop in the shade in the garden, but don't tell anyone!!! Long may it last!

Gillian said...

It's very hot here too. I love it but the kids are tired. I like your interpretations in your photos and they all have a very summery feel about them. x

Ellie said...

I would enjoy this weather even more if I didn't have to work. It is amazing this weather isn't it, especially after the summer we had last year!!!
Happy birthday to your son :))

Patricia said...

Lovely photos Joy. I like the sound of this scavenger hunt so I've put my name down.

viv said...

We were just saying tonight that we'd soon have a hosepipe ban and then it would start pouring with rain.
Really enjoying the sun even though I'm having to stay indoors

Busy Little Chicken said...

Great photos Joy, and isn't it good to see the sun!! As you say, bet it won't be long before the 'hose pipe' ban comes along!!! Enjoy the pubs/scavenger hunts etc,... I'm trying to keep up with things (face book etc..) but things are just going too fast for me at the moment!! I have loads of pics etc from my allotment but still haven't had a chance to upload them yet.......family commitments and all that!!!! x

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great finds. I especially like the fisherman. I need to make a trip to the big city park which has a few old windmills.
Rinda

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for linking up!
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Love the exit sign.

Missus Wookie said...

I've been enjoying the heat but am grateful for the rain to refill the waterbutts and pond. I like the 83 candles and that dinosaur is cute :)

glitterandglue said...

Love the birthday photo!! I see you love Wales - great place - love it, live there...just a bit biased!!
Have a great week.
Margaret

Amy said...

You have found some great shots - the funny sign one was the hardest for me, yours is excellent!

Karen said...

Like Amy, I love your finds for the funny sign!

evie winter said...

I liked the third market one, with the people walking around! The Allan exit one made me giggle!

BJ said...

Super photos, wish I had thought of the Welsh sign angle as have just come back from Swansea! BJ

Sian said...

Having just had a birthday I like the thought of the back to front candles!

Cheri said...

Great shots - the funny sign made me giggle.

Julie Kirk said...

Dropping by from Rinda's - I love the sign! And that bollard / modern sculpture!

Lesley G said...

Don't you just love the welsh language. "Injan Dan" is a fire engine in Welsh but there is no "j" in the welsh alphabet - how does that work then?

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

A great selection of shots. I was in Salisbury on Tuesday and it didn't even occur to me to take a photo of the market! How daft is that?!

Starnitesky said...

Great set of photos Joy, I like the welsh signs, I was there last year and found them quite amusing.