Sunday, 4 August 2013

My new challenge - Views from my Windows

Yesterday I mentioned a new challenge that I've set for myself, another series of photos taken over the course of a year, to be posted monthly, and it takes the form of "Views from my Windows", I'm doing from my kitchen window, my bedroom window, the lounge/front room window, my studio (workplace), from my back door and a random garden shot. If you would like to join in please do, you could use my prompts or choose some of your own.

So, without further ado, here are my shots for August (please click on the picture to enlarge).

Kitchen window, my kitchen overlooks the back garden, and I have tomatoes in pots along the wall beneath the window.


Bedroom window, looking north-eastwards towards Copheap on a misty morning


Lounge window, looking at the front garden, which is a work in progress


From my studio/workplace. Leaning out of the open window, looking eastwards over gardens and rooftops, I can see the edge of Salisbury Plain in the distance


Right outside my back door is the pergola over the deck, and currently the clematis is in full flower


My favourite segment of the garden at the moment is this colourful patch of nasturtiums and another clematis


Please leave a comment if you would like to join in, then I'll investigate the options for adding a linky.

9 comments:

viv said...

Lovely photos. You live in a beautiful area

moonstruckcreations said...

looks like a great challenge, looking forward to seeing how your views progress over the months ahead.

Helenxx

Chrissys for Cards said...

Brilliant pictures. Not worth me doing the same because out the front are trees, out the back are trees and to the sides are trees!! All you would get were bare trees, leaves sprouting, leaves in full, leaves falling!! But look forward to seeing yours.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great photos - what a good idea, views from our windows.

Memory Chain said...

I love your series of photos. I would love to live somewhere with such changing seasons. Unfortunately the views from my windows are not very interesting!

Starnitesky said...

What a great idea, I will be back to see your window views change over the seasons.

Maria Ontiveros said...

I would love to join in and a linky might be the kick in the rear I need to actually remember to do it each month! You have lovely views from all your windows.
Rinda

Peg said...

How lovely, did you know Nasturtiums make salads interesting, both the flower and the leaves. Just a hint of pepper. You have a lovely garden, great pics.

Peg xx

Sandie said...

What a lovely glimpse into your views. Lucky you with Salisbury Plain on the horizon, and I love nasturtiums too. They are so bright and colourful. Must jot them down to grow next year, I am slowly restoring my garden back to life. I'll have to join in sometime soon.