Thursday, 1 August 2013

Once a month for a whole year, month 12, August

Goodness me, a whole year of photos of the garden and the park. These are the final two.

View 1. The garden


with last months view for comparison


the runner beans have come on strongly, also the leeks and potatoes. We've cut back the shrub by the fence (Rog is in charge of pruning, I think he's cut it back too much, but heyho, what do I know?)

View 2. The park


with July's for comparison


apart from the sunshine, not a lot of difference.

I've really enjoyed the (self-imposed) challenge of following a view for a whole year and noticing the changes as the seasons progress. Tomorrow I'll post up the 12 photos of each view in chronological order, but for today, I'm thinking I'll set another challenge for the coming 12 months, and that will be "Views from my Windows", a monthly view from kitchen window and/or back door, front room or sitting room, bedroom, workplace (either at home or away) and of the garden. If anyone else would like to join in please comment below, and I'll see if I can find out how to add a linky to my first post.


4 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Can't wait to see it. Maybe I'll ride your coat tails and start up with you for this next year.
Rinda

Maria Ontiveros said...

By the way, simply linked is a really good, free linky service.
Rinda

karen said...

Can't believe your year is up, mind you I think mine is next month!! I have found this project very addictive. lol. The garden is looking good. xx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wow! It has flown, hasn´t it?
Looking forward to the whole series together. I take pictures from my neighbour´s tree but I forget ever so often. *sigh*