Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Summer Scavenger Hunt

One of the things we have to find is an aeroplane. I live on the edge of Salisbury Plain, which is a military area, and also a no-fly area so we see very little in the way of aircraft overhead apart from the Wiltshire Air Ambulance which has clearance to fly across the plain if heading towards Salisbury Hospital with an injured or ill passenger.

So my hunt took a different turn, I know it might be considered cheating, but it was still a hunt - through my archives - to find photos from last year's holiday (late September). And this is the one I chose.


We had just taken off from Southampton Airport, and you can see a plane on the ground, the shadow of our plane, and one of the engines that was powering our flight, through the aeroplane window.

5 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great shot!!

Chrissys for Cards said...

Good take on the theme

Rustic Vintage Country said...

That's a great shot! x

Sandie said...

That's a great view. I need to upload my latest batch of photos for the scavenger hunt.

Starnitesky said...

Great shots - I am still looking for an aeroplane!