Thursday, 12 September 2013

My new job

Well, to be honest, it's not really a new job, it's a return to an old one. I'm a Phoenix Trader again.

I first found Phoenix Trading and became a trader in 2005, I just fell in love with their fabulous and unique range of greetings cards, and I built up quite a little business selling to family, friends and neighbours. A major relocation in 2008, from Surrey to Wiltshire, from our large house into a temporary smaller one and then back into a slightly larger one, meant that I knew I wouldn't have time to look after my business, so in July 08 I reluctantly gave it up.

However, finally (or so we thought at the time) settled into our new home in the town of Devizes, I decided to pick up my Phoenix business again, it helped me to meet new people in my area and for about 3 years I once again enjoyed selling the fabulous range of cards and other stationery items. However, after a while we realized that the house we had bought was not, after all, the house we wanted to spend the rest of our days in, and so we embarked once more on house hunting, selling, buying and moving - this process took almost a whole year and during that exhausting and thoroughly draining time I closed down my Phoenix business again.

We have now been fully settled into our "forever" house here in Warminster for over a year and are slowly turning it into our dream home. Then, completely out of the blue, I received a letter from Phoenix asking me if I would consider rejoining, and with an offer I couldn't refuse, and realising that I was still very much in love with the range, rejoin I did.

So briefly, that's my Phoenix journey. Phoenix Trading have been in business now for over 18 years. Their range is not available from retailers, only from traders such as myself, which is why they are able to offer such fabulous quality cards and other products at such competitive prices. Why not take a look at my website www.phoenix-trading.co.uk/web/joyshallcross where you can browse the range at your leisure, learn all about the company, their ethical stance, their charitable contributions, maybe even submit some artwork to them? Should you wish to, you may then buy products direct from my page, pay by credit card and receive your fabulous purchase within just a few days. Or, if you prefer, you can contact me directly for a brochure and card sample so you can feel the quality. You might even like the look of my little business and decide that you, too, would like to be a trader - in which case please contact me for further details of how to join the team.



The thing I like the most about being a trader, apart, of course, from the fabulous cards, is the flexibility of the whole thing, I can put as little or as much effort into my business as I choose, I can keep small, just selling to family, friends and neighbours working hours to suit myself, or I can, if I want, build my business to become a full-time earner. I am part of a team with an enormous amount of support from my team leader and from the company as a whole, the company customer support is second to none, there are no monthly targets to complete, no pressure from anyone, the rate of growth is entirely down to me and how much effort I choose to exert. What a wonderful "job".



6 comments:

Clare Josa said...

I hope you love every moment of this renewed venture, Joy. Your enthusiasm shines through!
Namaste,
Clare

Lizzy said...

These cards are lovely, such good value too! I have been buying them for a few years now AND my lady delivers them! Nearly time to choose my Christmas cards!
This is a perfect part time job!

Sandie said...

I enjoyed reading about your journey Joy, and I have always been impressed with the Phoenix range. Good luck with your renewed venture. It is great to find something so flexible that fits into your life and family, and you love too. I know where to come if I want anything!

karen said...

They certainly are lovely cards. Good luck with it all. x

Busy Little Chicken said...

Glad you're back doing something you love!! I still have a few postcards left that you sent me a while ago, and they are good quality!! Will pop over and take a look. Hope all is good with you and yours... :)

Patricia said...

Good luck with your renewed venture. You have obviously enjoyed working with this company over the years and what a lovely way of meeting new people. Have fun.
Patricia x