Friday, 27 September 2013

September, happy new beginnings

Ever since my eldest son, now in his 40s, started school as a rising 5 in September 1975, I've always thought of September as the start of a new year. Even now, with my youngest having finished education and taken his place in the world of work, I still use an academic diary rather than a January to December one.

This year is no different, September has definitely been a month of new beginnings for me, firstly I restarted my Phoenix business, which you can read about here.

Back in August I made the decision to write a book, and the ideas for that were buzzing around in my head for a while before I finally got started on it proper this month.

I've also joined a group on Facebook, which is basically a course to follow over the next twelve months, covering the content of "The Artists Way" by Julia Cameron. Julia's book is designed to work over 12 weeks, but as it's a rather intensive course, the group members are going to cover one week each month over the next twelve - that starts on 1st October, and I'm hoping it will give me a sense of direction for my creativity, which I'm sadly lacking at the moment. There's still time for you to join this group if you wish, just leave me a comment below (You'll need to be on Facebook though!).

And finally, my friend Clare Josa has just released her latest book, Gratitude, which is not only a book but a journal covering a whole year, so I'll be starting that also on 1st October.


So here's wishing all my readers a Happy New Year

9 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh Joy what a co-incidence. I too am joining the Artists Way, just waiting for the book. I too have a book in me that I want to get started on although haven't quite decided what yet, there are a few ideas up my sleeve. Recently Ive taken an interest in pen and ink drawings with watercolour and have just started my own art journal.This is definitely a time for new beginnings. Good luck with your ventures and hope to see you on the course.
Patricia x

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Joy
It all sounds very exciting. Good luck with all your new beginnings - I hope it all goes really well for you.
Best wishes
Ellie

karen said...

You certainly have a lot of new beginnings. They all sound very exciting. Good luck with them. xx

Chrissys for Cards said...

Wow, you are keeping busy. So much to do. Good luck with all your projects.

Sandie said...

Exciting times Joy!! New beginnings are what keep us alive and fresh.
So glad you have joined me in The Artists Way and thank you for sharing the news about your friends book. I have ordered a copy and it will add to what I already do. High five!!

Tracy said...

It's funny how the school year changes things for us I tend to think we have two years in one the calendar one and the school one. Your new beginnings sound fun, exciting and will definitely keep you busy. I like the sound of Clare's book. I shall take a look, rachel might like it too.

viv said...

You are certainly going to be very busy.
I'm going to look up "The Artists Way" It sounds really interesting.

Busy Little Chicken said...

Good luck Joy, you seem to be soo busy with all your projects, I'll take a look at 'The Artists Way' as well.... :) I just wish time was in my favour.... :) x

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a wonderful way to start your year! Good luck with your projects.
Rinda