Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Scampi for tea, anyone?

Last night I cooked scampi for tea. 

I usually shallow fry scampi, but I decided for a change to pop them in the deep fryer instead. 

Having cooked them I realized that the deep-fryer was a bit mucky and would need a good clean-out, so this morning I strained the oil, dismantled the fryer, and put the washable bits in the dishwasher. 

Then I noticed that the worktop where the fryer had been standing was in need of a bit of a clean, so I did that, and then, naturally, ended up cleaning the whole of the rest of the worktop, which involved pulling out the microwave to clean behind/underneath. 

Pushing the microwave back into position I could see that it, too, needed a good clean inside and out, which I did. 

Then I emptied the strained gunge from the fryer into the bin, and, yes, you've guessed it, the bin was a bit grubby, so I washed that too.

That was when I noticed that the floor behind the bin needed sweeping, and while doing that I realized it was quite a while since the floor had been properly washed, so that was my next job. 

I now have a sparkling kitchen, but I think it will be a while before I deep fry scampi again.

6 comments:

Eileen T said...

I can think of better ways of working up an appetite! Hope you enjoyed the scampi after all that effort.

joy said...

I didn't have any, Eileen, it was one of my meat-free days!

Crafty in the Med said...

As I understand it then scampi aka clean the kitchen!!!!
Good job I don't like scampi LOL!

keep well

Amanda :-)

Chrissys for Cards said...

I usually end up doing a job like that when I get fed up and decide to re- arrange some bits. Ends up a full on cleaning job.

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Joy
Isn't that always the way with housework - one thing leads to another and then another...that's why I dislike it so much! I'd much rather be doing creative things! I hope you get a more satisfactory meal tomorrow!
Best wishes
Ellie

karen said...

That must be why I only eat scampi when out lol. Xx