Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Warminster Carnival

After watching and snapping last year's carnival, I had decided to read up about taking photos in the dark, but guess what - it didn't happen. And then suddenly the year has gone and its carnival time again!

I wasn't feeling too great on Saturday, but as the procession passes the bottom of our road, I just had to have a mosey down to enjoy the fun.

These photos were all taken with my point and shoot, set on aperture 2.3 (for some strange reason it wouldn't let me set 1.8), and without the aid of any sort of keeping still mechanism. They aren't perfect by any means, but I hope they show the spirit of carnival.

If you would like to see the picture larger please click on it, but be aware this post is photo heavy. The last three were taken from the upstairs bay window at the front of our house. Enjoy.


















6 comments:

karen said...

Joy that looks a wonderful evening, we don't have carnivals like that down here, just torchlight parades. You will have to let me know when this is next year so I can pop up for it. xx

Chrissys for Cards said...

Years since I have been to a carnival. This looks really nice with great floats.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

It looks like a fine time was had by all - parades are such fun - I've never heard of one held at night - ours are always in the daylight.

Mum said...

What an unusual carnival. Very appropriate for a dark evening.
Love from Mum
xx

Patricia said...

Your photos give a lovely insight into your carnival they're great. Hope you're feeling better now.
Patricia x

Down by the sea said...

It was lovely seeing your pictures of the Warminster carnival. It must quite an experience to see. We would love to visit Bridgewater carnival sometime.
Sarah x