Thursday, 5 December 2013

Advent Calendar, Day 5

For the last couple of years I've joined in with Tracy's (Mad About Bags) Christmas Cracker swap, and this year I was partnered with the lovely Ali (Ali Bee's Creations). The idea is we take an inner tube from a kitchen roll, and fill it with as much as we can, then cover it.

My cracker arrived yesterday, and I set too and opened it straight away. Ali had crocheted a lovely red cover for her cracker.


Having taken off the gorgeous bright red cover, it was then wrapped in gift wrap.


By this time I was getting impatient to get to the goodies inside -


still a bit more unwrapping, and there were all my lovely goodies in front of me.


I find it incredible how much you can get into a kitchen roll inner tube, Ali sent me a bar of chocolate (which sadly is no more!), a cute tree decoration, a tea-light candle shaped as a boot, a tub of Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle cream, a tub of lip balm (which smells divine), a bath bomb, a brightly coloured emery board, a dear little tape measure, a pack of christmas paper chains and a bottle of nail varnish. Thank you so much for this lovely cracker, Ali, and thanks also to Tracy for organising this very popular swap.

I forgot to photograph the cracker that I sent to Ali, but she has now received and opened it, and you can see it here.

5 comments:

Mum said...

Lucky you.
Love from Mum
xx

Busy Little Chicken said...

Gosh Joy, what a lovely lot of pressies!! How did all that get into a kitchen roll tube???? Was it a commercial size roll?? I'm trying to cram things into my kitchen roll for Tracy, but I'm finding it a bit hard....

Lizzy said...

What a lovely selection of gifts!

Tracy said...

What a fab cracker! I'm still working on mine must get my finger out!!

karen said...

What a great swap and a lovely lot of gifts. xx