Monday, 13 January 2014

13/365 a blogger friend and a book review

I've often thought I would like to be a writer, and I've started to write more works than I can remember, but after the first chapter or two I don't seem to have the staying power to go any further, and I lose interest. So I have great admiration for writers who are able to complete works and then get them published. One such is my blogger friend JoAnn. I discovered her blog early last year and was drawn to it by the fabulous photos she shows of the beautiful part of North West USA where she lives, and all the gorgeous bits and pieces and collections that she has accumulated over the years. But more than being a collector and photographer, JoAnn has written a book about her years growing up in Alaska. Not long ago I decided it was time to read JoAnn's book, so I bought a copy from Amazon and have started to read it.
































So far I've read about a quarter of the book, and I'm absolutely amazed at the adventures that she had with her parents and two brothers, and by her fantastic memory of her childhood years. I'm really loving this book and living JoAnn's and her brothers' adventures along with them - but I'm rather pleased to be reading this book snuggled up in my lovely warm bed, as I think an Alaskan winter is pretty darn cold.

3 comments:

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I just finished reading JoAnn's book and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I didn't grow up in the tough conditions that she did, it brought back many memories of my childhood as I am about the same age as she is.
Enjoy the rest of the book.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well thank you, my dear, for the kind words. And thank you for enjoying the book - and for telling others. I really enjoyed writing it.

Enjoy the rest - there are many adventures to come.

karen said...

Sounds an interesting book. xx