Thursday, 16 January 2014

16/365 and a small weight loss

I meant to post this yesterday, I lost another half kilo (1.1lb) this week, yippee.

A few of my friends are also doing photo 365s, Eileen is showing us her garden, Karen is showing us her garden and home and Sarah is showing us random photos. My 365 is mostly things I'm grateful for and things that make me happy, and as my garden falls into both of these categories it will appear frequently over the course of the year.

This is the year we plan to do our garden makeover (although we had planned to do it last year it just didn't happen). This area to the side of the house, which is quite narrow at the back and wider near the front, is a bit of a no-mans-land at the moment. We intend to use it as a utility area, the stand-alone raised bed will be separated into three compartments which will be compost bins, and we have bought two double retractable washing lines to fix onto the side of the house and across to the fence posts on the other side. Those two works alone should turn this mostly unused area into a useful space. I've taken a couple of rootings of the wisteria that covers the pergola and these will be planted so that they grow to cover the open-link fencing, thus screening off the area from the front.




6 comments:

Borqna said...

Congratulations!
You can also read about the moon diet!
January 16th - Full Moon
January 30th - New moon
These days you should drink only water, tea and juices 24 hours.

karen said...

Well done on the weight loss. You and Eileen are putting me to shame, as well as motivating me :) Like the plans for 'no man's land' xx

Fundy Blue said...

Kudos for your weight loss ~ little bits add up to big ones! I thought you No Man's Land looks pretty good already. Can't wait to see the finished results! Have a good one!

Mum said...

Congratulations on your continued weight loss.

I hang my washing on the line at the side of the house and the wind whistles down the side to helo the drying.
Love from Mum
xx

Eileen T said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Looking forward to seeing the revamp of no mans land!

Sandie said...

Well done on the weight loss, Joy. Looking forward to your garden developments.
I have decided to do 365 again (4th year). Flagged a bit at the end of 2013 but decided I would miss it so much. Taking photos of things that make you happy is a good focus.