Monday, 6 January 2014

Five on the Fifth

Yesterday started off with a beautiful sunrise, but the weather soon arrived, so I had a day indoors, mostly in my studio. I decided that was, therefore, the best place to take my photos for Sandie's 5 on 5 (click the link for more details).

This small scrap of paper has been blue-tacked to my filing cabinet for a very long time, it shows the outside of the building in which FO and CH have their flat, I'm fairly sure they have been there for well over ten years now! The RH&D magnet is one of several which also live on the outside of my filing cabinet - my kitchen fridge is built-in so is surrounded by a wooden cupboard, onto which magnets will not stick!


I really love these two books, I had the "Now we are six" books by A.A. Milne for the boys when they young, and this is a lovely updated version for those of us reaching a certain age group.


A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to buy a job lot of "dots and spots" decorative tape, the price was reduced as the inner rolls were slightly marked, so on the proviso that I wouldn't sell them on, I bought one of each design. I love them. I have given some away to friends, and these are the ones I have left.


Bugsy has been in the family for almost 25 years, he now sits on my shelf and watches over me while I work.


A few of my little knick-knacks sitting on a shelf. In the background is a photo of GM and me on our wedding day, the cotton wool snowman was made for me by GS2, the miniature deckchair is a reminder of when GM worked for a short time in the dot.com industry before the bubble burst - he worked for deckchair.com which was, at the time, a travel company owned by Bob Geldof (the domain name has now been bought by a camera company!), and the other two little china thingies are charity shop finds, a small flower vase and a jam-pot.


If you would like to join in, or just peruse what others have posted, please click the link above which will take you to Sandie's blog.


6 comments:

karen said...

Love all your nick nacks and the memory with each one. xx

Chrissys for Cards said...

Lovely little trip around some memories

Sandie said...

Love, love this glimpse into your world Joy! It looks so cheery, especially on a dull miserable wet day like we have had. Gosh, there are so many things I could comment on, best just say that this post has given me a big smile and a warm hug!

Sandie said...

Forgot to say, thank you for showing 'Now we are Sixty' books. You have given me a great idea. And I love the tape - especially the seaside ones. Lucky you getting a bargain!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great place to do your five on the fifth!
Rinda

Tracy said...

What a great post and a fab idea for the 5 in 5 on such a wet and windy day. Thanks for sharing. X