Thursday, 27 February 2014

Kitchen stools

About 18 months ago when we built a breakfast bar in our kitchen, we bought ourselves a couple of stools to sit on. Gas lift, with bright red melamine moulded seats, really comfortable . . .


. . . but sadly not very robust. Recently one of the seats cracked (thankfully it was GM who sat on it, not me, so no remarks about excess weight), and the other one is showing signs of imminent cracking, so we decided to buy a couple more stools. These were cheap and cheerful from Argos, and to be honest they are a bit too high and not too comfortable.


I suggested to GM that he could perhaps shorten the legs a little bit to make them less high, but he had a better idea, this is what he came up with.


I do love being married to an engineer.

5 comments:

Lizzy said...

Yes, very clever! I have a clever fixer one at home too, but sometimes he keeps on fixing something that I would rather get rid of and have a new one!!!!

karen said...

Excellent. xx

Jean said...

I prefer the new design Joy. Did he alter both?

joy said...

Just the one to start with, but he'll be doing the other one soon. x x

Jille said...

What a brilliant idea! Love it!