Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Things that make me happy 116-120/365

A couple of weeks ago I blogged that I was feeling jaded and now I know why. I usually make a trip to Surrey sometime during the Easter holidays to see the family, but this year, as we have so much scheduled to happen during May, I decided not to make the trip, and I was missing seeing them all. My newest grandchild, who was due on 11th May, decided to put in an early appearance, which meant that Easter Monday saw me quickly throwing a few things into a suitcase and heading eastwards up the A303, and I got to make my Easter holiday trip after all.

So today, here are some of the precious people in my life who add immensely to the happiness that I feel on a daily basis.

116. The 16-year-old grandson, who was requested by his mum to get up at 11am on a weekend morning because of my visit.


117. The 12-year-old grandson, likewise,


118. The 3-year-old granddaughter, my constant companion for almost a week, while her parents were busy


119. The almost 1-year-old granddaughter, an absolute delight


120. And last, but by no means least, the newborn granddaughter within half an hour of arriving back home from the hopsical (her sister's word).


Thanks, boys and girls, I love you all.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Those sweet faces would definitely shift any jaded feelings. I think hopsical is a very good word.

Mum said...

Ahh!
Love from Mum
xx

Sandie said...

Precious time with family... there's nothing to beat it and no wonder you were missing them. You have a beautiful family x

Older Single Mum said...

I am SO looking forward to becoming a grandmother and brainwashing my very young sons into meeting a good woman and marrying her really quite young specifically for the purpose! Having had them in my forties there won't be much time and I want them getting with the programme (mine!), although when they're no longer under 10 I guess those days of it being my programme will be gone. You're very blessed Joy and it's wonderful to see how much thoroughly deserved pleasure they bring you :)