We've had a nice few relaxing days away from home, then a few fairly frenetic days since we got back, but now things are back on an even keel, and so it's catch-up time. I'm not going to attempt to catch right up-to-date in one hit, so here are a week's-worth of things that have made me happy.
181. Passing through Brockenhurst where we had our very first holiday with GO when he was 8 months old (1989), then we spent just a couple of nights here at the Rose and Crown.
182. This time GM and I stayed a bit further south in Lymington, at The Byre
183. Lymington is very much an estuarial/coastal town, so a stroll along the quayside was a must. I'm sure we saw squillions of pounds worth of yachts, here are just a few.
184. A trip to Exbury Gardens was a lovely way to spend a few lazy hours, strolling around, enjoying nature and peace.
185. At one end of the gardens was a miniature steam railway, our timing was wrong to see the train depart, but we strolled to the station in time to see it arrive.
186. We enjoyed a picnic lunch in the car, surrounded by New Forest cattle
187. A morning on the beach was another must, as was toe-dipping. I have never felt the need to swim in the sea, but I do like to get my toes wet at least once every year.