Sunday, 31 August 2014

August Photographic Scavenger Hunt

I haven't participated in Greenthumb's Scavenger Hunt for a while now, but this month I decided that I would make more of an effort to get out and about and find all the items on the list. As it happens, apart from a few days at the begining of the month, it has been a pretty bad August here in the UK, with not much of an enticement to get out with my camera, so in the end most of these photos - well, in fact, all of these photos - are taken in and around home, quite a few without actually leaving my studio.

OK, off we go then.

1. W is for . . .  Wet, a rainy day, taken from my studio window

2. 5pm. Usually around 5pm is when I start to think about preparing our evening meal, so I dont often have my camera about my person. Here, instead, is what will be happening at 5pm on Channel 5, if I had the time to sit down and watch TV!



3. Everyday. Every day for the second half of 2014.


4. Centred. The centred flag of some bunting, given to me by Sandie, hanging in my studio.


5. Peace. My Peace Lily, sadly no flowers at the moment.


6. Ball. GT's well loved Barcelona football, brought back for him by his brother.


7. Luggage. My bag, ready to be packed for my next mini-tour, starting on Thursday.


8. Under. Under my desk, my bin, a bag of mags and some cabling (oops, forgot to edit out the tips of my knees), this is an unusually tidy shot of this area.


9. On your shelf. I love this area of my racking, containing lots of my favourite books, a couple of my works of art, the above-mentioned bunting, my tray of sand-art, a couple of my favourite mugs and a small section of a pile of some of my beermats.


10. Something you do every day. I drink plenty of water from this glass.


11. Glitter. I bought a huge bag of glitter off-cuts recently, and here is some of it made into a greetings card for my new business (Please find and follow my new blog, Station Harry)


12. Sunglasses. I dont wear sunglasses myself, and as it's been such a gloomy month I haven't seen many others wearing them either, so here is a shot of my computer glasses on the windowsill with the sun shining on and through them, taken this morning (yes, today the sun is shining, just in time for the schools to start back early next week!)


Many thanks again to Greenthumb for organising this month's Scavenger Hunt. If you would like to see other interpretations of the list and also the list for September please click here.

8 comments:

amanda peters said...

Great set of photos, I only started last moth, but have found this month a little harder, like you said the weather has not been great for getting out..
Amanda xx

Louise said...

Welcome back to the hunt! I'm surprised to hear so many bloggers talking about poor August weather 0 here we've had a really hot and sunny month and hardly any rain - when it has rained it has mostly been overnight showers! I didn't realise other parts of the UK had been so wet/grey!

Lovely collection of photos. I struggled with it this month too!

Christina said...

I really like your collection of photos, particularly the shelf with all the lovely things on, but also the glitter photo. I struggled with the glitter prompt. x

Julie said...

Hi Joy, glad you decided to join us again. Everyday was really clever and glitter looks like a modern art painting. x

Kezzie said...

Oooh, I like your shelf, I'd like to look closer! Like your wet day too! Very clever!The glitter card is great and the Peace Lily plant was a really clever take on it!


Hurrah for the Scavenger hunt
x

greenthumb said...

Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. It's great to see your photos. I like your photos of centered, on your shelf and what a great idea to use your peace Lilly .

greenthumb said...

Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. It's great to see your photos. I like your photos of centered, on your shelf and what a great idea to use your peace Lilly .

Little Blue Mouse said...

Love your take on peace! I really struggled with that one, but when I was looking back through the photos I'd taken this month, one that I'd taken with centred in mind, just fit the bill!