Monday, 25 August 2014

Potatoes . .

. .  are my all-time favourite food, cooked anyway you like, hot or cold, I love 'em all. And, I've discovered a magic trick you can perform with them, too. Firstly, you take one potato,


which you put into some soil in a growbag just outside the back door,


then leave it for five or six months (obv. spring/summer months!), and Hey Presto, you empty out the bag and hopefully you will have lots of potatoes - I had twelve. OK, a couple of them are still very small, so if I had left them a couple more weeks they might have grown a bit larger, but, heyho, I'm not greedy.


Really looking forward to eating these, just boiled, with lots of butter and some mint sauce.

2 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

I've done that too! Its great fun!
Julie xxxxx

Hannah Brooker said...

I'm going to do that next year instead if buying lots if seed potatoes!