Friday, 24 October 2014

Junk Journal Swap

Some time back in the summer I put my name down to join in with Sandie's Junk Journal swap, I thought I had written a blog post about what I sent, but I can't find it anywhere, so maybe I didn't. Here is what I sent




Five altered sheets of paper, five unaltered sheets of paper, and my cover with £5.00 to cover costs.

What I got back was amazing, here is my journal, which came wrapped in this great music paper and with a covering letter from Sandie.


I was expecting to receive back a journal with ten pages, but what I actually got was this, with in excess of forty pages, all different and some very interesting ones



and this lovely big box of goodies/embellishments with which to finish it off




A big thankyou to Sandie for organising this swap, something a bit different to anything I've joined in before. Sandie is an artist who specializes in bookmaking and doing all sorts of things with paper, you can read her blog (itchifingers) here and she now has a new Facebook page, which you can view, and like, here

2 comments:

Patricia said...

This looked such a fun thing to do Joy. I had been so busy this summer I simply didn't have the time to join in but perhaps another time. I have been to a couple of Sandie's workshops and another booked for the 31st which I'm looking forward to. Enjoy your weekend x

Sandie said...

I don't think you did post this before Joy so it was lovely to find today. I'm so glad you liked your journal and hope that you have great fun putting the rest of the pages together. Thank you for sharing this... and I'd love to see more when you have finished adding to it.