Saturday, 29 November 2014

Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt

If you enjoyed the Summer Photographic Scavenger Hunt hosted by Gallo Organico, you might be pleased to discover that there is now a Winter version, which Eileen (in my playroom) and I have composed (mostly Eileen, if I'm to be completely honest), and which will run from 1st December to 21st March 2015 - we would like all photos to be taken between these dates. We would love you to join in, the more the merrier, please comment below. Eileen will be hosting linkies at the end of each month so you can show your finds, and I'll be opening a Facebook group for you to join. If you like you can pinch the picture below for your side bar.


Here is the list:

1. Reflection in water
2. Someone wearing a funny hat
3. Ornate door knocker
4. Breakfast
5. Something that is over 100 years old
6. Winter weather
7. Someone dressed for the season
8. A fish
9. Festive lights
10. A letter shape in nature or in an object
11. Polka dots
12. Silhouette
13. Stained glass window
14. Partly built new building
15. Bunting
16. A collection (of anything)
17. Texture
18. Shadow
19. Street musicians
20. Nativity scene  - compulsory and can’t be substituted.

If you find any of the above hard to get you may substitute one or both of the subjects below, 
except for  No. 20 which is compulsory. Bearing in mind that you may be living in the southern 
hemisphere, you may also substitute summer weather for winter weather. 
 
Alternative A - new life
Alternative B - a decorated tree
 
 

11 comments:

helena said...

fantastic - already thinking about which I know where to find and which will be 'keep eyes peeled' - thank you

Eileen T said...

Hi Joy, the linky is up on my blog. Please will you let me know the link to the Facebook page when you've created it, so that I can add it to my post ... I admit I was really lazy and just copied your post!!!!

moonstruckcreations said...

This looks brilliant - I would love to have a go at joining in!

Can I ask, do we post the photos as we go, or is it all in one go in March?

Helenxx

joy said...

Hello Helen and everyone, you can post photos whenever you like, there will be a linky at the end of each month for you to show your posts, but this is a fun thing for all, to do whichever way you choose. I've opened the Facebook group if you would like to join that, just look for "Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt"
Joy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

This sounds like fun -having a list of things to look for helps me see things differently when I'm out taking photos - I tend to get in a rut and this will help me expand. Thanks for the fun.

Alison said...

What a great idea!...I'll definitely be joining in xx

Carole R said...

Hurrah! I was so pleased to find this winter scavenger hunt. I enjoyed the summer one very much and have missed it. Thank you for organising this.
Carole (uk)

Liz said...

Cool I'll have a go at finding some. Thanks for organising this :0)

Miriam said...

This looks fun! I love a scavenger hunt. Thanks to both of you, for organising it.

Sandie said...

How did I miss this post?! Probably because I have been so busy that I have not been visiting blogs for the past couple of weeks, so I'm glad that Helena pointed me in the direction before I am too late to join in. Thank you to Eileen and yourself for organising this. Now then, where's my camera!!

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is fun - and I've already taken a couple of photos :)