Sunday, 7 December 2014

5 in 5, A walk in the park

5 in 5 is the brainchild of Sandie at itchifingers, you can read all about it here.

It isn't really co-incidental that both Sandie's and my posts are both titled "A walk in the Park", because I copied her idea. GM and I like to walk to the park as often as conditions allow, as it's quite close to home and gives us an opportunity to stretch our legs with a downhill walk, a level walk and then uphill again to get home. As we had a sunny interval between the showers this afternoon we decided to make the most of it.

On the way down the hill was this silver birch, I really love the bark.


 It was quite muddy underfoot as we neared the bottom of the hill,


 on the trail of the lonesome pine.


One of the trees near the lake seems determined to keep hold of its leaves as long as possible.


Look, up there behind the trees on the left is the path to get back home.



3 comments:

Mum said...

It looks bright but cold. I hope you wrapped up warm.
xx

Sandie said...

Made me smile Joy... lovely to see these photos of your local park and the contrast of the different trees.
I took a photo of a silver birch too although I didn't use it in my 5 in 5 as I had others to choose from. I love the bark of these trees, it is just so beautiful. It's lovely we can still enjoy sunny days even if the weather is taking a cold snap finally. What we should expect, so no complaints from me.
Thank you for taking part, it's lovely to see a take on the same theme :) x

Tracy said...

Looks like a lovely spot for a stroll Joy. Weather looks lovely to me. Too hot here right now.