Monday, 5 January 2015

5 on 5 - January

5 on 5 is Sandie's idea (read her blog here), although when I do it I usually "bend the rules" a little bit, as my pictures are usually taken over a longer period than 5 minutes.

This weekend I decided it was high time to sort my wardrobe and clothes, as I have far too many things that either no longer fit or are worn out. However, as I have just joined Slimming World and fully intend to lose about 15 kilos in as many weeks, I am not yet throwing out anything that doesn't fit.

So firstly I emptied the 6 drawers and made a pile of all my tops.


Can you see a bit of a pattern emerging here? Predominantly blue, and a fair few stripes!

I sorted them into piles of vests, T-shirts, tank tops/sleeveless tops, jersey long-sleeved tops and knitted sweaters,


These piles were then sub-divided into those that still fit and those that will fit later this year, and neatly stacked back in the drawers - minus the odd few that went into the charity shop pile.

The next section to tackle was the left-hand hanging cupboard which houses all my shirts and jackets


which entailed emptying the whole lot onto the bed and rehanging it in some semblence of order.


OK it doesn't look a lot different I'll agree, but all the white shirts are on the left, all the jackets are on the right, shoes are neatly stacked and the top shelf also has neat piles.

By the time I got this far I had run out of steam, so skirts, trousers and dresses will have to wait for another day. I did have a quick flick through my dresses and came across this old wooden hanger. How many of you remember the Susan Small brand? A relative by marriage, who was a dressmaker, worked exclusively for them and at one stage I had loads of these hangers, I wonder what happened to them all, as this appears to be the sole survivor.






7 comments:

yvonne said...

Did sort mine out before Xmas and put my "too tight" clothes up in the attic. Like you I intend to get back into them so good luck to us both :-)

Eileen T said...

Good luck with Slimming World. I'm following that eating plan as well, so we'll have to compare notes!

Sandie said...

Well done you!

This is something I need to do and as for weight... groan!!

I have put on so much weight over Christmas so I'll be joining you in the loss goal and you have inspired me to sort my wardrobe. I have started walking every day and it works out 2.4 miles. It will add up over a week and hoping it will make me more fit and energetic even if it doesn't help towards weight loss. Thanks for joining in this month, I do love how this challenge offers so many different photo opportunities.

karen said...

Well done you, I keep sorting mine out then forget I have got rid of stuff and end up with nothing lol xx

moonstruckcreations said...

You put me to shame!

I am hoping to "do" Slimming World too - fingers crossed it works!

Helenxx

Patricia said...

Thanks for reminding me It's that time of year again - the de cluttering and sorting out. I know it's got to be done but just keep putting it off. Well done on making a start Joy. P x

Lucy Corrander at Loose and Leafy said...

Your colour range may be 'themed' but it's very pretty.

Did you say 15 kilos in 15 weeks? That seems a massive challenge!