Thursday, 5 February 2015

5 in 5 on 5, and Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt.

Two posts for the price of one today (no, actually, it's one post for the price of two! Get it right, missus)

Anyhow, firstly it's the fifth day of the month, so I'm joining in with Sandie of itchifingers to post 5 photos taken in 5 minutes. Now I'm not usually very strict with the 5 minutes timing, but on this occasion I was, because it was far too cold to stay outside for any longer. So here are my five photos taken on the morning of Feb 3rd when we had a small amount of snow which had fallen overnight and which was all gone by midday - as you can see, our back garden is a bit of a work in progress.






These five photos also qualify for the Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt (see side bar) subject no. 6. Winter Weather.

Also, and I know this is cheating a bit, I have some photos for subject no. 19. Street Musicians, as this is basically what these men are, even though they are currently enjoying a pint in the warmth of the pub, I give you - Morris Men.





6 comments:

karen said...

Brrr does look cold, I am slowly collecting the photos but keep forgetting to post them lol derrr!!! xx

Patricia said...

Great set of photos Joy. Love the outside "ice" tap. P x

Maggie said...

Great sets of photos. I don't blame you for catching the Morris Dancers indoors. Far too cold to stand outside and watch them!
I must have a go at 5 in 5

Beverley Holland said...

Gosh it seems to be colder in your part of the world than mine and that's saying something. Love the tap photo....

Sandie said...

Some great shots there Joy, thank you for joining in, it reminds me that sometimes I can overthink and some great shots are right outside my door waiting to be taken.
I love the frozen water hanging from the tap and the angle of the path... smiled when you said you stuck to the five minute plan on this occasion because of the cold!!
Inside the pub with a pint looked a welcome sight after the cold, and I love watching Morris Dancers. I didn't think they would be around this time of year, these are obviously a hardy bunch! LOL

Maria Ontiveros said...

I'm still waiting for some weather to blow in to photograph for this item.