Monday, 9 March 2015

Rogan Josh

Since joining Slimming World at the beginning of this year, I have rediscovered the delights of making my own curry sauces, you can read about my first attempt (Dopiaza) here.

My second attempt, the other evening, was Rogan Josh, recipe from the same booklet, and, as before, I halved the ingredients to make just enough for the two of us.



Chop the onion and garlic, add a tablespoon of water and lightly fry.


 Add the spices and fry for another minute or so.


Add the rest of the ingredients, and anything else you fancy - I added some cauliflower and celery - and cook for about 35 minutes.



As previously, I had pre-cooked a chicken leg, which was stripped and added to the sauce,


then served with pilau rice.


I'm not wishing to blow my own trumpet here, as all I did was to follow a recipe (with one or two extras), but this really was THE nicest curry sauce I have ever tasted, and syn free too, what's not to love?

2 comments:

Eileen T said...

Keep the curry recipes coming please Joy. I tried the other one and really enjoyed it. I'll have a go at this one too.

Fat Dormouse said...

Nom-nom! We had a spicy veggie-beef stir fry (mostly veggie) with a dollop of sweet chilli sauce for the saucy bit. I crave spicy food when I'm fasting and a good curry hits the spot! We're having lentil, sweet potato and spinach curry next fast day!