Saturday, 30 May 2015

Balti

Another curry recipe from the Slimmers World sauce book, this time Balti.


I changed the ingredients a little bit, using (drained) tinned tomatoes instead of fresh, chilli and ginger powder instead of the real thing, I missed out the fenugreek and fresh coriander leaves (didn't have any) and added some celery which I just happened to have in the fridge and which needed using up. Also, as usual, the quantities were halved.

As I don't have a food processor, I gently fried the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger then added a bit of water and simmered until the onion was soft.


All the other dry ingredients were measured out


and added to the pan, along with the tomatoes, celery, and water


and simmered gently for about 40 minutes - until the sauce was nice and thick.


At the same time I had also cooked 200g of stewing steak, which I then stirred into the sauce and served on a bed of pilau rice.

Delicious.




3 comments:

Homemaking Tales said...

That looks so good, hubby never used to be a curry lover, but has been converted, I will add this recipe to my folder, thanks for sharing x

Mum said...

Looks good to me. You are eating well.
xx

Fat Dormouse said...

I always find that when I'm fasting a spicy meal is the best thing for satisfying me - be it Indian/ mexican/ spicy chinese stir fry. This would fit the bill perfectly, especially if it was just cooked with veggies, no meat. Thank you for the recipe.