Thursday, 1 October 2015

Week Thirty Nine

Day 267


We took a walk up Cotley Hill, only to find that almost all of the pupils from the local high school were doing a fund-raising walk in the opposite direction. Several were in fancy dress, and quite a few of them very politely hoped we were enjoying our walk and apologised for the disturbance! It was good to see them having a fun day out.


Day 268


Enjoyed a lunch-time beer in Carriers, at Stockton


Day 269


A misty morning


Day 270


GO and EG take possesion of their new home


Day 271


The grass has had its final cut of the year (we hope!)


Day 272


I made a flying trip to Instow, in Devon, here is the view from the window of the room in which I stayed.


Day 273


GO and EG have asked me to make some curtains for them, this is my dining table at the moment.


How was your week?

5 comments:

Eileen T said...

Instow looks very pretty. Is there much there to make it worth a day trip?

joy said...

It's a 3 hour drive from here, plus stops, and longer back because of road closures, and nothing much there apart from what you see in the picture, although it's close to Appledore (very pretty) and Bideford. I went there and back in 24 hours, but started my return journey at 4am after a short night's sleep. Wouldn't really recommend it as a day trip.

Eileen T said...

thanks Joy.

Mum said...

I do love reading all about your week. What a wonderful resource to look back on.
xx

viv said...

It is lovely to catch up with you. I haven't been on my blog for months and haven't caught up with yours either. I'm on holiday in France just now and hope to get some blogging done while I am here