Saturday, 2 January 2016

Winter Scavenger Hunt

Happy New Year, dear reader, and thanks for sticking with me through 2015. I have to say I'm pleased it's now over, and I look forward to a much happier and more productive year ahead - with less emotional turmoil, please.

So now back to the subject of the title, the Winter Photographic Scavenger Hunt, which Eileen and I are hosting. December was for me, as I'm sure it was for you too, rather busy, so I didn't get many photos taken, but I made sure I took any relevant ones before and during taking down the festive decorations, so here are the ones I've found so far.

No.1. A robin redbreast.

Plenty of these around in real life, but never, it seems, when I have my camera handy, so here are some from our festive cards.




No.2. Tinsel. I took a few of the tinsel while it was on the tree, but mostly the focus wasn't quite right, so this is the only survivor - and even this isn't wonderful - the tinsel swathed ice bucket in Wetherspoons!



No.4. A star. A couple on the festive tree, the second made by my lovely friend Jean, which, having just proof-read this post before publishing, is actually a snowflake and not a star at all, oh well, never mind, just grant me a bit of artistic licence - plus a bit of free publicity for Jean (who also makes lovely bead Santas and various other things).



No.5. A snowman. Not much chance of seeing a real-life snowman down here in the wet, mild and soggy west of England, so the first one was sent to us from USA, and the second is a festive drinks mat.



And finally, I wasn't sure where to put this one, it could be either category 2, tinsel, or category 4, star - as it shows both.


How are you getting on with yours? Thanks for joining in, please add your links to the linky below so we can all see them.





7 comments:

Maggie said...

You have some lovely ones there and wise to get the Christmas ones done. I presume you have taken your decs down.

Karen Butfield said...

Great start with the photos, I have been a bit slow at taking any, decided yesterday to do the tinsel etc before the tree came down, Amanda came home and offered to take the decs down and I was so grateful for the help I completely forgot about the photos until everything was packed away in the loft lol - so bad!!! xx

Mum said...

I'm going to have to get searching. There are still a few (many) on my list I have still to find. I'm going to compile a big post with them all on in Spring (or whenever the challenge finishes)!
xx

Tracy said...

Happy New Year to you Joy, I shall have to go through my photos especially as I've now taken down the decorations!

Amanda said...

Your green stars decoration is beautiful; I'd love to find something like that.

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are both beautiful and fun!
Rinda

Karen said...

Beautiful captures; I especially love the watercolored robin. There'll be no real robins here for awhile, and I agree, capturing them with the camera when they are around, is not an easy task.