Monday, 15 May 2017

Week thirteen, our first three months.

Day 85


The flushy thing in the bathroom loo is broken (less than two years old, so couldn't have been very robust!), so I had what I thought was a brainwave - a plastic cork from a bottle of wine makes a good pusher-down.

Day 86


I bought a new pedal bin for the en-suite, I love the colour.

Day 87


I bought this some time ago, but don't remember if I showed it or not, it's a basket that sticks to the inside of the shower cubicle door by suction pads, for shampoo, soap etc.

Day 88


My cheeky toothbrush holder mug

Day 89


Homeward bound (ours is the one in the middle)

Day 90


His shelf unit is more or less filled, now he just needs to populate his desk.

Day 91


The kitchen sink tap, again less than two years old, but unless it's turned off so tightly it can't be turned on again, it drips incessantly. A replacement is in hand and a plumber is booked.

I hope you have enjoyed the first three months as much as I have.

3 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Love the mug

Julie xxxxxx

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Well that was fun - I really enjoy seeing tidbits of things around people's homes. When we bought our house in 2007 we had only been in a month (it wasn't brand new but was only a five year old house) the water heater started to leak around the bottom and that had to be replaced - major expense not welcome for sure. While we were looking at the house the first time, I turned on the kitchen faucet and water shot to the ceiling - my question - did they intend to sell it that way???? My next statement was, that will be fixed before we consider buying the house. The real estate agent made a note. It was fixed by the next time we looked at the house.

You have some clever ideas there - and of course love that mug to cheer one up in the morning.

Kezzie said...

I do like your house! Shame about the drip and the toilet! That said, I have been working at my school for 10 years and we have a toilet that has been dodgy ever since I've worked there! I always wonder if it will ever get fixed! AND the drippy tap!