Monday, 5 June 2017

Five on the 5th

It's quite a long time since I joined in with Sandie at itchifingers for 5 on 5th, but it just so happens that yesterday I had a lovely day out with FO, CH and GDs 2 and 4, at Frensham Ponds in Surrey. I lived in Surrey for 21 years, but have never been there before. It was a lovely location and we were lucky with the weather. As usual, I have bent the rules a little bit, these photos were taken over the course of three hours rather than 5  minutes, but, heyho, what are rules for if not for breaking?


Just in case you cant make out the words, it says "Frensham Common Internationally Important"


We saw several dragonflies, but as they were so swift and flying quite erratically I didn't bother to try to photograph them, so you can imagine my delight to see that I had accidentally caught one in this photo (top right corner).


Enjoying the view


A family of swans, mum, dad and three kids.


Looking from one end to the other.

To see other takes on 5 on the 5th please visit itchifingers

3 comments:

Maggie said...

What lovely pictures especially the two family ones. Your little family and the swan family. Looks like a good place to visit.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Charming and so beautiful.

Sandie said...

What a lovely place to visit Joy, and to spend time with your family.
I was on the River Ouse this weekend and saw lots of damsel flies and families of swans and geese. It's a lovely time of the year.
Thanks for taking part this month and sharing your photos, I had to laugh about your rule bending! Bend away ;) LOL