Monday, 10 July 2017

Week twenty-one

141


Blue bottle (not of the flying variety)

142


Octopus (cuddly)

143


Sunlight reflected (refracted) onto my dining room wall

144


I was at my mum's, she had thrown out some uneaten breakfast cereal for the birds, but they obviously weren't interested. Early the following morning some snails and a solitary ant were more than happy to feast on it.

145


Fifty plus years ago I bought this set of wine glasses for my parents after they had been on holiday to Germany and "discovered" wine. Miraculously the set is still intact, so I have brought them home with me. (Mine was/is the blue one)

146


My next blanket is coming along nicely - can't show more than this as it's a gift.

147


Recently, while unpacking a box marked "studio", I found my old bowl. I'm sure that it was originally part of a set, but sadly the jug (if there was one) has gone AWOL. It belonged to one or other of my grandmothers, although I couldn't say which one. There is a stamp on the bottom which says "Empire Works, Stoke-on-Trent" with a monogram in the centre which is slightly obliterated and therefore illegible. It is very impractical and takes up a lot of space, but I love it, so it stays.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I like the wine glasses and the wine discovery story behind them.

Tomoko said...

What an interesting collection of your photos! The sunlight reflection on your dining room is cool! Your antique plate is sooo pretty. I like it. It is nice that you decide to keep it!! I have kept some small plates which were made during occupied Japan by the US. They are actually impractical ones but I love them.
Happy day to you!