Pages

Tuesday, 21 July 2026

I went to Yorkshire . . .

 . . . to spend a few days with my friend Sundy, who lives just outside Skipton. I had such a lovely time. 

She took me to see the Cow & Calf rocks, just above (literally) Ilkley, we had some fun


 
 


 No, that's not her abseiling!

From there we went on to Bolton Abbey for lunch


 

and then a walk down to the river Wharfe (no, I did not attempt to cross the stepping stones).


 Both Sundy and I belong to a fabulous (Facebook) group of over 50s ladies, called the Silver Tent (contact me if you would like further details), and another Silver Tent friend, Ali, who lives nearby in Haworth, arranged a get-together of local-ish ladies. I already knew some of them (Catherine and Elizabeth)  from previous get-togethers at Glastonbury and Tavistock, and it was lovely to meet others (Suzi Joy, Jo, Heather, Helena and Emily) for the first time. 





There was just enough time before the lunch-time get-together to pay a quick visit to the Haworth Bronte Museum and Vicarage


 And that evening was the fateful England v Argentina game, Sundy joined me in my room to watch the match

 

For my third and final full day there, we went on an amazing Magical Mystery Tour, well it wasn't a mystery for Sundy, she was doing the driving, but it was lovely for me. We stopped for coffee/tea in Settle, where there was a Flowerpotman/Scarecrow display, 



 then across the moors, for a glimpse of Malham Cove,


 and lunch in Hebden, where we came across some very hot cows sheltering in the shade

 

That evening we went to a one-woman show at Skipton Town Hall, called "Susie, Homemaker". If you get an opportunity to see it, I would highly recommend.

Sundy very kindly sent me a colour-coded  map of where I'd been, Tuesday's trip is yellow, Wednesday's is red, and Thursday's is blue.

 

I had an amazing time, which passed all too quickly, and now I'm back home again in the Wildshire. Thank you Sundy, Ali and all for making my trip such a memorable one.

No comments: