Pages

Friday, 21 August 2026

It rained, at last.

August has been hot and dry. Record temperatures and virtually no rainfall. That is, until a couple of days ago, when at long last the temperature dropped, low pressure took over, and some welcome rain arrived. Not enough, yet, but some rain is better than none.

My DiL ST has grown some massive courgettes, and gave one to me, I now have enough courgette in the freezer to last several months, as GM is not a huge fan so I guess I'll eat most of it.


 She's also got some massive corn plants growing


 

The Surrey family, FO, CH, GDs 2 & 4, were travelling down to Cornwall, and suggested we meet them en route for lunch, so we made our way down to The Lamb at Hindon, where we enjoyed a very nice lunch. The only downside was that we were seated in front of the window, and as it was a hot day, it was slightly uncomfortable for GD2, which is why she has a cushion behind her head. GM took the photo with my phone, and sadly it's a bit blurry.


 I made a fairy for GD6, and sent it off. She loves it, and has named it after me.

 

Another herbword came to light (GM has started to question why we have so many new jars of herbs!)


 On a recent visit to GO and family I spotted an old car abandoned in the bushes. I wondered if it might be material for the TV series "Bangers and Cash". What do you think?


 I've been to Bowood a couple of times this month, to make good use of my season ticket, once with GD5 and then again with GD7


 

I have no idea who the family were who were able to produce these magnificent bubbles, but GD7 certainly had fun chasing and bursting them.

Only 10 days left of summer for this year. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun. 

No comments: