For some years now, I have made a point of travelling to Hastings to visit my friend Amanda as soon as the schools start back, with the thought that the weather is usually still OK at this time of year. I was lucky, in that it didn't rain, but also it wasn't too hot. On the way down I met up with PJ, my eldest son, for lunch at Waterloo.
Amanda and I have been friends since GO and her elder son started toddler group, 36 years ago. She is so much fun to be with, we have a real laugh.
We took a walk along the beach at Bexhill while I was there
We took some of her dogs out.
And on the morning of my return, we went down to the sea front at Hastings
Thanks Amanda, see you same time next year.
Back at home, and I finished my jigsaw puzzle of Skipton Market (some of you may remember that I went to Skipton in July, and this jigsaw puzzle was in a load of second-hand puzzles that I bought locally).
We have a fantastic crop of tomatoes this year, I'm picking loads each day
I've started a couple of new projects, one of which is another dream-catcher, progress so far:
My BIG thing for September, as I have got so far behind with my step count for the year, is to Challenge myself to walk 3 miles each day, making 90 miles for the month. After the first week I'm still well on target, having completed over 21 miles
Thanks for reading, how is your September going?








No comments:
Post a Comment