Pages

Saturday 5 January 2013

Crochet Challenge

Seems, more by accident than design, that I'm blogging through my resolutions alphabetically too, which means today's blog has to be the crochet challenge, the idea for which I unashamedly pinched from someone else (I would name names if I could remember who it was!)

I've been rather stuck in my own little crochet comfort zone for a while now, four years in and I still haven't moved on from granny squares and the occasional set of coasters, so as I have the book . . .


. . . I'm going to work my way slowly through it, taking on board more and more stitching skills as I progress. As I flick through the pages, some still seem way beyond my capabilities, but maybe in a few months time I'll have grasped them. In the mean time I'm hoping to get through 100 of them at the rate of roughly 8  - with at least a couple of new stitches - per month.

I've made a start and already done a couple for this month, I'm thinking I'll either use them as embellishments on clothes (hats, sweaters etc.) or I might use them for greetings cards. Who knows?

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I love crochet, it's so much quicker than knitting, there are lots of fab crochet books in the library too. I can't wait to see what you've made xx

Debbie said...

sounds like a great zone to be in!

Gillian Roe said...

Hello Joy, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Good luck with your crochet challenge. I am also stuck (quite happily, I must say) in a granny square rut and I need to branch out into more challenging projects. That book looks interesting.

Gillian x

Unknown said...

Wish I could get to a granny square rut, a chain is my limit lol. It is beyond me, I will stick with knitting. Good luck to you though. x

Unknown said...

I googled crochet challenge and you came up! :) I'm looking for someone to help motivate me to actually finish some things! I'm also a beginner. shall we link up?

Jean said...

I too have the book Joy. I am still in a granny square rut, but I just make one square and keep going until I run out of wool! then I buy more. . . My current one is around four foot square, and still growing. Makes a lovely knee blanket in this cold weather.