Pages

Sunday 30 December 2012

#Reverb 12, Days 22-28

Day 22  What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? What was the greatest gift you gave?

What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?

The greatest gift was moving into our new home, a gift from Rog and me to ourselves. In 2013 we intend to give ourselves a newly decorated dining room.

Day 23  Name three excuses -- stories you tell yourself that are holding you back -- that you are going to let go of in 2013.

I can't, I shouldn't, I mustn't.

Day 24  What is the single most important habit you intend to cultivate in 2013?

Fitness and healthy eating together, as a means of recovering a younger feeling, healthier, fitter me.


Day 25  How will you be vulnerable?

The soft white underbelly, the flaw in the armor, the Achilles' heel -- weaknesses are what make us the most human, the most beautiful. 

Next year, how will you tend to your vulnerabilities? How will you build them a shelter from the storm? How will you put them through physical therapy? How will you find a way to make them work to your advantage?  

I'm quite a shy person, and I tend to behave in a rather OTT manner to overcome that shyness, I push myself forward too much, I'm a bit loud. I should try to overcome my shyness and be a bit more reserved, although that sounds contradictory, doesn't it?

Day 26  How do you intend to carve out more time for the things that are the most important to you in 2013?

This isn't a problem for me, Rog and I are both retired, and we are more or less able to spend our time however we choose. We intend to spend more time walking, particularly gentle hill climbing, in 2013.

Day 27 How did you make time for creativity in 2012? 

Looking back, is there one creative time or one particular creation that stands out for you? (Maybe you could share it here?) 

How will you continue (or start) making time and space for your creative passions in 2013?

I had a go at quilting, which I'd never done before. With a bit of guidance from my friend Jean, I set about making a single bed quilt for my granddaughter.


During 2013 I'll carry on being creative by knitting and crocheting for my new grandchild, due in May.


Day 28  Think of three things that daunted you in 2012: how are you going to work towards overcoming them in 2013?

To be perfectly honest, I can only think of one thing that daunted me. We moved house mainly because the house we were living in just wasn't the right house for us, one of the downsides - but not the major one - was a confrontational and aggressive neighbour, so I was really hoping that our new neighbours would be slightly less so. As it turned out they are absolutely lovely in every way possible, so currently there is nothing daunting me.


Please come back tomorrow for the final three prompts.

1 comment:

Busy Little Chicken said...

I'm not sure I could analyse myself like this Joy without being disappointed with my answers!! Have a very Happy 2013, and will check back to see your last 3 prompts!! :) x