Pages

Thursday 23 February 2012

Devizes

I love Devizes, and I have enjoyed living in this really quirky little place, so before I move away I'm going to show you some of the reasons why it's so interesting.

Firstly, we have St. James Church, Southbroom, which you can read about here



Here you can quite clearly see the cannonball holes in the tower.



Right in the centre of town is Devizes Castle, which you can read about here, it's privately owned so there is no public access, this is what it looks like from the road



I had a little wander along Castle Lane, which runs in alongside the castle entrance, and I found a residents carpark, where I was able to take this shot of the main building . .



. . and one of the towers beside the entrance.



So, just a short introduction to this lovely little town, please pop back tomorrow for some more interesting buildings, and a bit of town history.

2 comments:

Chrissy C said...

Looks a really interesting place to visit - will you be far away? When do you move?

Hilary said...

It's amazing to me just how much history you have surrounding you. Thanks for sharing it. :)

And thanks so much for helping out by disabling word verification. It makes such a difference to not have to struggle through it.