Pages

Friday 4 March 2011

Tumble Dryer

My utility room started life as an add-on room at the back of the garage, (on the original plans it's marked as a playroom) and as such was never very well designed. The previous owners of the house had a combined washing machine/dryer and had the plumbing installed for same next to the sink unit. There was no space adjacent to the outside wall for me to put my tumble dryer when we arrived here, so we positioned it close to the washing machine and close to the back door, so that when I used it I could just tuck the exhaust pipe out through the opened back door - fine in the summer when it's warm, but pretty damn cold in the winter. And not helped by the fact that I often used to forget that the door was open even when the dryer had finished.



Rog came up with a plan so that I could use it without having to leave the back door open, and here he is improvising his plan.



And here is the job finished. I can now tuck the pipe out through the window, which means we can keep the door closed. Its only taken us 2 1/2 years to get round to it!

1 comment:

Chrissy C said...

But all good plans take time Joy - worth it in the end tho. Looking really neat and professional now.