Pages

Wednesday 1 September 2010

119/365 New beginnings

Today we are taking Oli back to Bournemouth ready for the start of his second year as a student, and it got me thinking. Eddie, my eldest, is almost 40, and started school way back in 1974, so for the last 36 years I've had school age children, I've helped out at Infant and Junior schools, I've worked in the Secondary school and my life has revolved around the academic calendar, so much so in fact that I still use an academic diary instead of a Jan-Dec one.
So today is the start of a new year, and what do we have to look forward to?
Well, firstly, although I love Oli very much, it will be good for him to get back to the University and his friends instead of being stuck in the back of beyond with us, and I am looking forward to having an empty nest again until Christmas.
I am looking forward to visits from both my older sons and their partners and my Mum during September, as well as Rog's niece and family who are over from Australia to do Europe in 6 weeks.
I am looking forward to the birth of my granddaughter in October/November and to spending a week with the new parents to help them get on their feet.
I am looking forward to phase 2 of our building work, hopefully sometime before Christmas, to turn some dead space at the back of our very long garage into a utility room and a bathroom.
And I am looking forward to a good season of sales, both of Phoenix and my knitted bits.
That takes us to Christmas, and I'll worry about 2011 when it comes.
Happy new beginnings to all my readers.

3 comments:

cm crafts said...

i too hope you have a great year and all you want happens
love clare xx

joy said...

thanks clare, and happy new beginnings to you too x x

Unknown said...

wow, that's a long time to be having kids at school LOL, must be weird to see an end in sight?